Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Nightmare/Atmosfear Series- Will This Quest Ever End?!

Like I mentioned in a couple other blogs, I currently have Atmosfear- the DVD board game that they basically made an updated version of the original "Nightmare" game, just with the different graphics and Gatekeeper.  Then there is the original game called, "Nightmare" with the original host, the Gatekeeper- this version came with a VHS tape.  "Nightmare II", III, and IV were simply expansion games that all came with VHS tapes.  So in order to play these three, you have to have the original "Nightmare" game because the original board and dice are needed.

My "Nightmare" game- front of box:




Here are photos of my "Nightmare" 2 & 3 games:

"Nightmare II":





"Nightmare III":







So at this point I need the fourth game and then the most recent game in the series called, "Khufu the Mummy" which comes with a DVD.  I thought the search was over.  I was wrong.

I found a handful of videos uploaded to YouTube, however, they are all in French with English subtitles.  But when I Googled further information for the Nightmare/Atmosfear series, those do not pop up.  However, after further searching, I found the person on YouTube who had uploaded these different versions that I had never heard of before.  Here this person loved the series so much, they made their own!  How cool is that?!  Here is is channel link on YouTube:



I found out "Khufu the Mummy" was never released in the USA, so the DVD it comes with poses a problem- its a different "region DVD" meaning most countries run on a different region for a DVD or VHS, even a PC (CD ROM) game.  For example, if I were to buy, "Khufu the Mummy" from the UK, the DVD will not work in the players over here in the United States.  My only hope is to find the entire DVD online that someone would have put up in a zip file, then turn around and burn it onto a disc because that's the only way I will be able to play the game.  Headache!  I usually can always get things to work out in the end so this will be a process...lol

Here's pictures of Nightmare 4 and Khufu the Mummy:



No comments:

Post a Comment