Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Original "Nightmare" aka "Atmosfear" Board Game

I recently received the first 3 "Nightmare" board games in the mail.  My parents normally give out gift cards because it's too tough to find exactly what Tony and I ask for...lol
It's okay, I do that for both my parents in return usually as well!  So I got an Ebay gift card and then had to pay extra out of pocket for the shipping on these games.  Good deal!

I got the original "Nightmare" (Atmosfear) game, "Nightmare II" and "Nightmare III"

I remember buying the original "Nightmare" game back when I was a kid but sold it at a garage sale years later.  I really didn't remember too much about it, but the other night Tony wanted to sit down and play it.

These are some pictures of the board set up, etc.  We pulled out a smaller flat screen because obviously we only have the VHS tape of the game and it would have looked horrible on our bigger TV in the living room.  We also had to dig out our VCR...glad we will have one!  Now we have to find time when we aren't at work and actually have some downtime to play the second and third installment games...

I've been throwing around an idea my husband came up with the other night.  He thought it would be cool for my hobby entity, "Devon's Domain" to sort of review certain board games along with other hobby items.  I have been thinking about maybe starting a YouTube channel for this and do short videos, upload them for free online.  Still thinking on that though.  Undecided.










The photo below is of the character I ended up with which was Gevaudan, the werewolf.  Of course, Tony's character Khufu the Mummy had to "photo-bomb" the pic I took! ;-)



It is tough to play a game like this with only 2 people but Tony actually really wanted to play it so next time we will have to get some friends to join in on the spooktacular fun!  I
I ended up winning because I collected all my character keys, and made it to the center of the board first.  Yay!  I'm sure the next ten times my husband will win though...lol  It's just the way it works!

All my character keys I collected:



Another picture of the board during gameplay:



Tony actually took a short video blip of us playing the game, however he took it off his smart phone and uploaded it directly to Facebook.  So I have to figure out how to grab and attach it to this blog.

Here's my hobby Facebook page, I have more photos and information on certain hobbies listed on this site plus the short video play, "Nightmare."

No comments:

Post a Comment